Identify yourself with the interactive map below.
Click on the icons for more information about a place.
Octagonal Chapel Saint Clair is located in the village of the municipality of Aiguilhe. The destination of the building was subject to long discussions. It seems admitted today that it is the burial chapel of the Hospital of Saint-Nicolas Aiguilhe.
30 places (2 parts)
50 seats + 2 buses
Built on top of the chimney of a volcano there appeared more than two million years, the chapel dedicated to St. Michael stands north of the town of Puy-en-Velay.Learn more >>
(World Heritage of Unesco under Chemins de St-Jacques)
Tables street leads us to the foot of the grand staircase of the Cathedral (134 steps).
Origins to the present day, the pilgrimage to Notre-Dame du Puy contributed to the development and prosperity of the city. Romanesque Cathedral presents various influences due to contributions from the east and Moorish Spain. Under the large porch, "the cedar doors" of the twelfth century and the staircase (open in summer), the first steps are in the nave. The choir is based directly on the rock, but to enlarge the cathedral in the eleventh and twelfth centuries to accommodate the growing number of pilgrims, four additional bays were built on empty boldly to catch a drop of 17 meters, towering pillars support high arches.
September 8, 1855, the feast of the Nativity of the Virgin, General Pelissier wins during the Crimean War the siege of Sebastopol.
In gratitude, he advises the Bishop of Morlhon, to request from the Emperor Napoleon III quelqu'uns guns taken from the enemy to build the statue that the diocese of Puy want to dedicate to Notre Dame France.
Sculpted by Jean-Marie Bonnassieux the statue made of cast iron from 213 guns of Sevastopol was inaugurated September 12, 1860 to 120,000 pilgrims.
It measures 16 feet (22.70 m with pedestal) for a total weight of 835 tonnes (110 tonnes for the statue, the pedestal 680 and 45 stone its coating iron).
(World Heritage of UNESCO)
Related to the pilgrimage to the Marian shrine, the Hôtel-Dieu was founded in the twelfth century to accommodate the poorest patients. Open to the public since 2011, this place has space recovery and présentatin local heritage temproraires showrooms, convention center ... contribute to the development of the upper town and enhancing its attractiveness.
This is a tautology because the name is derived from the low Latin "planum" site, now plo in Languedoc. In 1548, the consuls made this place stand on a pillory where drunks were exposed to the ridicule of passers-by.
The fountain, called the "BIDOIRE" is the oldest of the city appointed in 1246, dolphins and eagles decorate it must date from the fifteenth century. THE tenth century to the early nineteenth century, the eastern side of the square was occupied by the church of Saint-Pierre Monastier.
Saturday morning is the marketplace of farm products. It sells a tasty cheese in particular countries covered a multitude of Micor-organisms (artisons) that ensure quality.
Cheese femrier Velay is mentioned in the "Larousse cheese."
The square is the starting point of the road to St Jacques de Compostela (via Podiensis, GR 65) and St-Gilles de Régordane the way for pilgrims to St. Gilles du Gard.
04 71 09 50 03 email@example.com |
Legal notice | itnt.fr